EPISODE XV: APOCALYPSE

The flight lasted twenty one hours. It was hard to stay awake the entire flight, but we did. We kept ourselves and the pilots alive.

It might have been the worst thing we had done yet.

* * *

"Finally," Kirina said as the plane landed. "That took forever."

The five of us climbed off the plane through the hole, and looked up at the sky. You could see through the portal, but that wasn't what we were looking at.

The portal was basically a line across the sky. However, slowly, it was spiderwebbing. It was like the sky was a sheet of glass, and it was breaking. The part that was on the ground by the portal was splitting three dimensionally, and it didn't look good. Suddenly, from the portal, there was an earsplitting sound.

We all covered our ears, and began to run. We jumped the fence, and ran away from the airport. We didn't stop running for almost five minutes, even though the noise stopped after only a few seconds.

Once we stopped, I turned to the others.

"Shit," I said. "I think we fucked up."

"Nah, really?" Lillith said. "It's the end of the fucking world here."

"I think this is what was supposed to happen," Lightning said.

"What?" I said.

"Actually, it makes sense," Ophelia said.

"Yeah," Kirina said. "The demons probably planted the false knowledge that a portal this big would save the world so that, when we came along and had decided to save it, we would actually be doing exactly what they wanted."

I thought about it for a moment.

"You're right," I said. "That means we need to get out of here."

We ran to a house. I broke the garage door off, and we stole the flying car inside. As we flew away, a man came out and tried to chase us, but we were gone before he could do anything to stop us.

Lillith was driving, and I was sitting in the back. I turned around to see a shadow covering the entire landscape, and most of the things that were being covered died almost instantly.

"We need to kill them," I said. "We seriously need to kill them."

"We can't," Ophelia said. "It's not possible. They're immortal."

"There is one way," I said.

"What's that?" Lightning asked as we drove away from the shadow even faster.

"I'll tell you when we stop," I said.

The truth was, I was scared out of my fucking skull; for the first time in my life, even counting the demon-dog-things in New Chicago (we never actually figured out where they came from), imminent death seemed like a real threat. So, when it came down to talking about my solution, I chose not too.

Because, when we had been researching during the eight days, I discovered how to kill them. However, in doing so, I would most definitely die.

I was scared, and I didn't want to tell them.

* * *

The five of us didn't stop going. We were just a little bit faster than the shadow, and since the car we had stolen was new, it was solar powered.

As we drove, we listened to the news on the radio. The shadow was spreading at an amazing speed, and everything it touched seemed to die. There were only a handful of people that had survived it. People were advised to hide in their basements, and try to avoid going outside at all costs. It was spreading in four directions, and it was going to meet at a point over the Atlantic Ocean.

At some point, we were going to hit it. We had to kill the Gregmoir before that happened.

* * *

As the Gregmoir walked the Earth for the first time, they saw what was happening to their creation. The Earth was being destroyed. Almost everyone was dying.

They smiled as they watched the world burn.

* * *

"We're over the atlantic ocean now," Ophelia said as we began to pass over a huge bodyh of water. "We're going to meet with the other three parts of the shadow."

"Keep going," I commanded Lillith. "We'll be okay."

We were able to keep going for twenty minutes before we came to another part of the shadow.

"Turn around!" I shouted.

Lillith obeyed, and we were met by the shadow we had been escaping.

We were on the point where the shadow was going to converge. The radio had been static for a while now, and we knew that almost everybody was dead.

As we tried to drive away, the shadow converged on our location, and the car was thrown across the ocean.

I don't remember anything after that.

TO BE CONTINUED
MARCH 28, 2013...

No comments:

Post a Comment