EPISODE XXII: CHAOS


Chaos,” my mother said on the night before her death. “Your father and I are going to be killed soon. I know you will kill our murderer. You always knew how to get revenge. Please, kill Louise Rentradt after she kills me.”

Why do you have to die?” I asked her.

Because,” she said. “It's what must happen for the world to be made right. If we don't die, you won't stop what will happen.”

It wasn't until I was locked in the asylum in Old Chicago for the second time that I realized: she had known what I would go through, even years before they had happened.

It was January 1, 2085, almost two months after Lilith and I had set out to kill Louise for the first time.

* * *

I was locked in a padded cell, wearing the same clothes I had been wearing for the past two weeks. I couldn't seem to break the door off of the hinges, so I was trapped. A guard came by every day to hive me food.

Suddenly, the door flew open.

Chaos!” Lilith said as she flung herself towards me. I barely dodged her, and she hit a wall.

Hey,” I said. “What took you guys so long?”

They told me their story.

Jeez,” I said. “So we have to kill another demon?”

Yeah,” Kirina said.

Well, I know how we could do it,” I said. “After all, I don't think cutting them in half through a portal would work twice.”

How?” Ophelia asked. “And when did you find out about it?”

We do it by combining, and becoming more powerful than them,” I replied. “And I found out about it when we were trying to figure out how to stop the apocalypse. The only issue is that we might die.”

At this point,” Lightning said, “I don't think I'd mind. Anyway, what's happened to you since we left?”

And I told them my story.

* * *

The other four had been sent through the portal. However, I managed to stay behind. With the world regenerated and the Gregmoir dead, every person who had been affected by us lost their memory. The people we killed didn't come back to life... except Louise, who also kept her memory. Everything changed since, because, to some extent, we didn't exist, and Louise was president. This made it easier for her to track me down. Because she remembered everything, she made me tell her everything that had happened. I didn't think it would do any harm, since the others were gone. However, she deduced from my story that they were in another world. She then managed to gain contact with Miriam, and they made their plan.

Then, the others came back and rescued me.

* * *

We should go now,” Lilith said.

Yeah,” Kirina said.

The five of us ran out of the asylum. They had gotten Skybikes, and they had even brought one for me.

Let's go,” I said.

We climbed aboard the bikes, and left the asylum behind.


TO BE CONTINUED
MAY 23...

No comments:

Post a Comment