EPISODE XVI: THE GREGMOIR

I woke up inside the car. It was smashed, and the other four were still knocked out. I pushed the door open, and climbed out of the car.

The landscape was barren; there was no water, even though we had crashed in the ocean. It looked almost like a desert. I looked at the car, and saw a piece of paper attached to it. I picked it up and looked at it.

Chaos,
You have lost. You did exactly what we wanted, and now your world is over. However, you can still live forever. Simply come back to where all of this began, and we will give you the locations of all the remaining humans.

I knew that the only way to kill them would be to go back to the beginning. That would either be the asylum, or my childhood house. But I couldn't do it alone. I would need my friends to help me.

The Gregmoir would die. And, possibly, the world would come back to life. It wasn't guaranteed, but it was a possibility.

I waited for the other four to wake up before I left. That might have been a bad idea.

"We're coming with you," Lillith said. "I won't take no for an answer."

The others nodded in agreement. I knew there was absolutely no chance of changing their minds. I also knew that they would probably die.

"Then I should tell you my plan," I said. "I was going to use my telekinesis to condense everything in the immediate area into a single point. Then, I was going to expand it. That would have caused everything to disintegrate, including the Gregmoir. I discovered that disintegration could kill them when we were researching ways to stop the apocalypse, and figured out that I could do it on a small scale in the apartment during lunch one day."

"Wouldn't that..." Kirina began.

"...Kill you?" Ophelia finished.

"Yes," I replied.

"That's not going to happen," Lightning said. "There has to be another way. And besides, how would they even know how to kill them? They haven't done it before."

"We're in this together," Lillith said. "We won't abandon you."

I felt terrible. I thought there was no way to stop them other than my death. However, with them, it was possible that we would be able to put an end to all of this.

* * *

The five teenagers would come. They had to. It was their fate. And when they did, they would be killed.

* * *

"It's a great plan," I said. "But how do we know they'll fall for it?"

"Trust me," Lightning said. "They will."

I picked up the car, fixed it so that we could all get inside, and once we had all piled in, I made it fly towards the U.S.A.

We had a plan. It would work. And there was even a possibility that it would bring the world back to life. After all, it was their existence that had caused this apocalypse...wasn't it?

It would work. I knew it.

* * *

When the five of us finally arrived at the wrechage that was my childhood home, the Gregmoir were standing outside.

"Why did you make this world?" I asked them when I had climbed out of my car. "Did you really build it just to watch it die?"

"Yes," Tequa said. "It's extremely fun, you know. It's like a movie. You should try it sometime."

"I'd rather not," I said. "I just have one more question. Why did you make us? Why couldn't you just come to our world and destroy it on your own?"

"Because we couldn't," Tequa replied. "We couldn't create a world and then go to it on our own. So, we created you and nudged you in the direction we wanted you to go. Then, once our world and your world merged, we could watch as the world died."

"You monsters!" I yelled.

That was the signal.

I threw Lightning into the air, and moved him around until he had created a portal big enough for the Gregmoir to fit through, fast enough so that they couldn't get to him.. Then, while holding him above it, I forced them halfway into it, halfway out. Then, Lightning closed the portal, and they were all cut in half. The half still in our world disintegrated immediately.

I honestly didn't know if this one would work. Since our world and Hell had merged, I thought there would be nowhere to open a portal to. But apparently, Hell and the Gregnoir's world were two different places, and Lightning could still open portals. They hadn't expected that, and we had used the element of surprise to our advantage. And even if it hadn't worked, I could have always done the condensing/expanding method.

Where the portal had been, a bright light began to emanate. It got so bright that I couldn't see.

I lost consciousness.

THE END OF VOLUME I.
VOLUME II COMING APRIL 11...

No comments:

Post a Comment