EPISODE XVII: THE OTHER WORLD


In Volume I...
Chaos and Lilith, two teenagers who were raised as assassins, get revenge on Louise Rentradt, Chaos's parents' killer. However, Louise managed to survive. Two years later, Chaos and Lilith are partners, and they are hired to kill Louise. After many complications and the rescue of Kirina, a girl their age who, along with Chaos, has special powers, they manage to kill Louise. However, they discover that Kirina and Chaos are brother and sister, and there are two others.

Chaos, Lilith, and Kirina begin searching for their other siblings. They find Ophelia, a girl who can drastically change the temperature of any area in the immediate vicinity at will, and Lightning, a boy who can open portals to what they think is Hell. The five teenagers go through a portal and discover three demons. The demons claim to have created them, and tell them that they have eight days before the world ends.

The group goes back to Earth and attempt to stop the end of the world. However, the way they think they can stop it ends up being the way they end it, and they regret it. The demons, called the Gregmoir, go to Earth and offer the five surviving teenagers a way to live forever. However, they manage to kill the demons, and possibly saved the world...

* * *

The universe is a strange place. In order to understand it and it's workings, one must leave behind all sense of disbelief.

* * *

My name is strange. Lightning. Who would name their kid that? Of course, according to the revelations of the past eight days, I wasn't named by my parents, but still. Fucking demons. Can't even pick a good fucking name.

But mine isn't the worst. That award goes to Chaos. Nobody would ever, in a million fucking years, name their kid a name like that. I feel sorry for him, honestly.

In case you haven't figured it out, I'm Lightning. I'm sixteen, and I, at one time, killed everyone in an entire town by forcing them through a portal into another dimension. However, my little power ended up coming back to bite me in the ass, and destroyed almost the entire world.

Which brings us to where I was after I, along with four others, managed to kill three world-creating demons.

I'll start with me waking up.

* * *

I had a terrible head ache. I didn't remember going under, but I was waking up now in a grassy plain. I was the first one. The sun was shining down, and everything looked amazing.

Ophelia, Kirina, Lilith, and I were a stark contrast to all the bright, happy colors. Covered in soot, dirt, and blood, we looked like we had just been through a bombing. In a way, we had been, but that's not the point. The point is that we were, ironically, waking up in a pretty meadow, whereas we looked like we had just died.

Ophelia, Kirina, and Lilith...I hadn't trusted them at first, but I had grown to realize that they were okay people.

Chaos. I had completely forgotten about him. He was nowhere to be seen.

“Guys,” I said as I stood up. “Guys, we need to find Chaos.”

None of them moved. I waited for a long time before, finally, Kirina finally began to wake up.

“What the hell happened?” she said as she finally woke up. “I feel like shit.”

“Chaos is missing,” I said. “He probably just went off to find food or something, but still, we should find him.”

“Okay,” Kirina said as she got up.

The others followed this pattern, and then we began searching.

* * *

The four of us didn't find him. We decided to use tree branches to spell out “Went north”, and then began walking.

We had been in a clearing in the middle of a forest, and it took us some time to finally get out. But when we did, we saw something amazing.

Less than a mile north of the forest was a giant city. Everything in it, from what we could see from the forest, was shiny. The first thing that popped into my head was “steampunk.”

When we arrived, I was proven to be correct. Everything was bronze, and it seemed to be a cross between the 1920's and the early 2000's.

However, we didn't have time to wander around in this steampunk city. We all felt like crap, and just wanted to call it a day. We had no money, so we walked into a shop and waited until we had seen someone use a gold coin to buy stuff. Then, we searched the ground until we had scrounged enough coins to rent a room in an inn. I slept on the floor, but I'm not sure about the others. I just remember falling asleep as soon as I was on the ground.

* * *

“So,” I said the next day at breakfast. “Chaos is nowhere to be found, and we have no money. We're in what appears to be another world. We arrived here just after killing three demons, and whatever made us go here blew the pink hair dye right out of Lilith's hair. I like it brown better than pink, by the way. Two weeks ago, I would have said that this was impossible, but now...seems legit.”

“We need to find a way to earn money,” Lilith said. “That should be our priority right now. If we die because we can't afford food or a place to stay, there's no way we'll be able to find Chaos.”

“I'll get somebody to give us money,” Kirina said.

The four of us waited while she concentrated. Finally, she stopped.

“It's not working,” Kirina said. “It's not like when people were able to block it. It's more like the power's not even there. Like it disappeared when we came here.”

“I'll try to make a portal,” I said.

I drew a box with my finger while concentrating on making a portal, but nothing happened.

“It didn't work,” I said, amazed.

“Neither did mine,” Ophelia said. “Is it possible that we're...dead?”

“It's possible,” Lilith said. “But not likely. I'll get us an assassination job. That should get us enough money to buy a place to live, and some food.”

“You can do that?” I asked.

“Of course,” she said. “I've been doing it for years.”

“Excuse me,” a girl said from behind me. “I heard you're looking to assassinate someone.”

“Well, you heard wrong,” Lilith said.

“That's too bad,” the girl said. “I had a job for you. It would have given you enough money to live for several years.”

“Well,” Lilith said, “just out of curiosity, who did you want us to kill?”

“The king of Earth,” the girl replied.

TO BE CONTINUED
APRIL 18

No comments:

Post a Comment