EPISODE XIII: THE END OF THE WORLD

The story so far...

My parents were murdered when I was fourteen. I thought that my best friend Lillith and I had killed their killer. We found out two years later that we had been wrong, and after several detours and a new recruit, Kirina, we managed to kill her.

As we were escaping from the place of the murderer's death, I stole a file. In it, the three of us discovered that Kirina and I were technically brother and sister, which explains our powers, and that there were two others. Almost immediately, another one of us, Ophelia, was kidnapped by a rival drug lord. The three of us rescued her, and she joined us. We then began searching for the final one of us, Lightning. We found him living in an abandoned town, and discovered that he has the power to open portals to Hell. We entered one of these portals, and met with three Demons, who told us that we were going to bring about the apocalypse. We fought them, and lost, but we managed to escape. Just as we fled through a portal back to Earth, we discovered that we had eight days until the end of the world. Now, we must try to find a way to stop it...

* * *

Eight days left...

It was an impossible deadline. We had eight days not only to figure out how the world was going to end, but also to figure out how to stop it. Then, we would have to execute that prevention plan. It was shitty.

The five of us had to do it all ourselves. It was going to be hell.

* * *

The five of us arrived at my apartment with seven days left until the supposed end of the world.

"What are we supposed to do?" I asked the other four as we sat at my table. "We can't just let the world end."

"I think I learned about those demon things at school," Ophelia said. "We could start by looking up myths and stuff..."

"That might work," I said.

The five of us went to the library down the road from my house and began looking for anything on myths that might mention the Demons.

* * *

Louise had had no idea Carla was still alive.

The final living member of the task force. She was supposed to have died years ago, but she was still alive. Now, she knew what they were up to. Bugging Chaos's room had been the best thing she could have done.

They were going to end the world. Carla couldn't let that happen; they had already hurt too many people as it was. Something had to be done.

Reluctantly, Carla walked over to her cell phone and picked it up.

* * *

The five of us searched for almost three days with no luck. Then, on the third day, Lightning found something.

"It has a painting of them," Lightning said as the four of us peered over his shoulder at the computer screen. "It says that they will create four humans that will bring about the end of the world, whether they mean to or not..."

"Does it say how to stop it?" I asked.

"No," he replied. "But it says they're called the 'Gregmoir.'"

"Okay," I said. "Now search for the Gregmoir. Try and figure out how to stop the humans they created from destroying the Earth."

We went back to our computers.

* * *

The Gregmoir were waiting. There were only a few days left until the end. Carla was going to try to stop them, but she would fail. There was no stopping them now that they had started.

They had done well.

* * *

We found it two days before the end of the world.

I clicked on a link I was sure would be completely worthless, and it gave the most information possible.

"Guys," I said. "I figured it out."

"What do we have to do?" Lightning asked me.

"The only way to stop a Gregmoir apocalypse prediction," I said, "is to merge Earth and Hell. To do that, we must open the biggest possible portal. Then, they will be sucked into each other, and neither will end."

"How do we do that?" Lightning asked. "We have two days. It would have to be a giant portal."

"Exactly," I said, turning back to the computer. "I'm buying us plane tickets to Australia."

It would be a straight flight. If Lightning opened a portal from here to there, it would surely be big enough...

Right?

TO BE CONTINUED
MARCH 21, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment