EPISODE VIII: GOODBYE, LOUISE


I woke up in a straightjacket, in a padded room.

"Hello?" I yelled. "Louise, I know you can hear me. Let me the fuck out of here, or I will make fucking sure that your death is as painful as fucking possible!"

Nothing.

"I'm not fucking kidding!" I yelled.

Silence.

So, since she wouldn't come to me, I figured I would have to go to her. I took off the straightjacket and unlocked the door. I walked out and looked down the long hallway I was standing in. I knew I couldn't handle her alone, so I began looking into the other cells to find Lillith and Kirina.

*     *     *

Louise was asleep in her chair. She didn't realize that I had left my cell. The fact that I was able to excape was her fault. She should have put me somewhere where I would have died if I moved anything. She knew about my power. She just never put two and two together.

That mistake cost her a life.

*     *     *

Lillith was tied up from the ceiling by her wrists. She had been hanging there for a long time. She could feel the rope burns.

Finally, I came upon her room.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as I untied the ropes holding her up.

"I think so," she said as she slowly floated down from the ceiling.

"We have to kill Louise today," I said.

"Yeah," Lillith replied. "We can't let her get away again. This time could mean the endo of the whole fucking world."

The two of us ran out of the cell.

*     *     *

"Would somebody please let me out?" Kirina screamed.

She was in a metal box, with just her head sticking out. It molded to her body, which meant she couldn't escape. The room looked like a crematory.

Suddenly, she felt the metal at her feet begin to heat up.

"Shit," she said. "Let me out! PLEASE! I will FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU BITCH!"

The box began moving. Lillith and I burst in just as she felt the metal begin to soften.

"Get me out!" shs yelled.

I ran over to the switch that made the conveyor belt move and turned it off. Then, Lillith and I ran over to the metal box, which was partially in the fire, and pulled it out. I split it down the middle, and pulled Kirina out. We could see she had burns on her feet.

"Are you going to be okay?" I asked.

"I think so," she replied.

"Good," I said. "Now let's go find this cunt!"

*     *     *

Louise watched in horror as I saved my two friends, and knew it was over. She watched as we came up the elevator to the top floor, and she watched as we looked in each room, getting closer and closer to the end of the hallway...

She typed a command into the computer, and a timer came up on the screen. It was counting down from thirty minutes. She would win, one way or another.

*     *     *

The three of us came to the last door in the hallway on the top floor of the asylum.

"She's probably got some sort of trap set up," I said. "We need to make sure we don't trip it."

"Got it," Lillith said.

"Okay," Kirina said.

I blew the door off the hinges and across the room.

Louise was sitting behind a desk at the far right of the room. There was a computer, and there was a large projector on the other side of the room.

It was counting down from twenty five minutes when we walked in.

"Oh, look who decided to show up," she said. "You three are going to die no matter what. I hope you know that."

"I don't think so," I said. "You, however, are most definitely about to die."

"And why would you want to kill me?" she said. "I mean, I never did anything to you specifically. Sure, I sicked a bunch of demon-wolves on New Chicago, but at least I didn't keep secrets from you, like Kirina did."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I asked.

"You don't know?" Louise said. "Didn't Kirina tell you about the slight coincidence? You both have the same last name. And you both have paranormal powers. And you both were under investigation by me."

"Well, then," I said. "Tell us about this investigation."

"On January 8, 2068, four people appeared in the national database," she said. "They weren't born in any hospital. They all had different parents. They all had the same last name. And they all had some sort of paranormal power. Originally, I was part of a team of twenty people. They all died. I am the only one left. And I have deduced that the four people are all siblings. The two of you make up half of the group. Chaos, there's a reason I ran from your house when I killed your parents; I knew what you were capable of, and I wanted to avoid it."

"Cut the crap," I said. "There's no way we're siblings. We don't even know each other."

"Unless you were made by some force more powerful than humans."

I was silent for a moment. Then, I said, "Well, that isn't relevant. What matters now is that we're going to kill you."

"Come at me, bro."

I threw her at the ceiling, then slammed her on the floor. Then, I snapped her neck.

The countdown was at one minute.

"Run," I said.

The other two ran out of the room. Before I followed, I grabbed a file I saw on the desk.

Only seconds after we escaped the building, the four corners exploded and the building caved in.

*     *     *

"What did you take?" Kirina asked me as we walked into my apartment.

"This," I said, taking out the file and throwing it on the table.

"Let's look at it," Lillith said.

We opened it. What we saw surprised us.

TO BE CONTINUED
FEBRUARY 14...

No comments:

Post a Comment