EPISODE XIX: THE KING


 The only person who took a weapon was Lilith. She had hidden a flip gun in her shirt. The entire plan relied on that, and if we were caught, it would not end well.

* * *

The four of us took a train to the castle. Once there, we signed up for a tour.

It looked like something out of medieval times. The only lights were torches, and the entire structure was made out of stone.

“Do we know where he is?” Kirina asked as we walked through the castle.

“He's probably in his office on the second floor,” Lilith said. “I picked up a map at the front door and looked over it.”

“Let's go,” I said.

Without being noticed, the four of us slipped away from the tour group. We hid around a corner, and waited until they were gone.

We followed Lilith to the stairs, and went up. However, we never made it to his office.

“What are you four doing?” a guard said from behind us.

We turned around.

I said, “We were lost. We were looking for a guard to ask for directions.”

“I don't think that's true,” he replied. “I'm afraid I'm going to have to detain you.”

He grabbed Lilith and I, and a second later, another guard had appeared to grab Kirina and Ophelia.

We were taken to the dungeons.

Just as we had planned.

* * *

“How long are we going to be here?” I said. “Can't we just get it over with?”

“No,” Lilith replied. “We have to be taken to see the king. He will see us.”

“You four,” a guard said as he opened the door. “King Julian wants to see you.”

“Speak of the devil,” Lilith said.

The four of us followed a guard through several hallways until we finally entered a throne room. There, sitting on a giant throne, was who we assumed to be the king.

We approached.

“I hear that you have been breaking into my castle,” he said. “What have you to say for yourself?”

“I'm very sorry,” Lilith said as she slowly reached under her shirt. “But I'm afraid we have done much more than that.”

She quickly pulled out her gun and shot the king in the face. The guards all came towards us.

“Stop,” said a very familiar voice. “They are pardoned in full.”

It was Miriam. We had no idea what she was doing there, but we were grateful, because all of the guards backed up.

“Now,” she said to us. “You four are to go to the bar where I first met you in a week, and I will have your payment. Go.”

The four of us ran as fast as possible.

* * *

When we arrived back in the city, everybody looked depressed. That was abnormal, since almost everybody was happy in this world.

“Excuse me,” I said to one of the people. “Why is everybody so depressed?”

“Didn't you hear?” she replied. “The king has been assassinated, and Miriam has taken over.”

“So?” I said.

“Miriam is the worst ruler this world has ever had,” the woman replied. “She is the opposite of her father. Whoever killed him made the worst mistake in history.”

TO BE CONTINUED
MAY 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment