EPISODE XIV: MERGE

In the early 2000's, one of the longest flights in the world was from California to Australia. However, since the planes have been upgraded as technology progressed, the longest flight in the world in 2084 was a straight flight from New Chicago to Australia.

The five of us needed to go on that flight. It would most definitely be long enough to open a portal that would merge the two worlds.

I booked us a flight for the day of the apocalypse.

* * *

Carla sat on the plane as the Roses and that other girl boarded. They were going to use this plane to destroy the world. She knew it. So, she had to stop them.

She knew they probably knew the assassins she had hired. The hired killers might even be hesitant to kill them at first. But, in the end, they would do it for money.

* * *

"Okay," I said as the plane sat at the gate, waiting for departure. "Remember the plan. Kirina, you control the people and the pilots so that they stay calm and act normal. Lightning, you open the portal that will take out the back of the plane, and begin the giant portal. Ophelia, you keep the temperature stabilized, and I will keep the air particles in the plane. Lillith, get the masks on the people, just in case something happens."

"Okay," they all said in unison.

They all went about their various jobs, and within a few minutes, we were off the ground, with a giant hole in the back of the plane and Lightning opening a portal behind us. However, almost as soon as we were in the air, Kirina said something troubling.

She came up behind me and whispered in my ear: "I can't control the other passengers."

"Try harder," I said. "You could control them earlier, couldn't you?"

"Yeah," she replied. "But then, they kind of forced me out of their heads, and now I can only control the pilots."

"That's strange," I said. "The only person that's been able to block you before was..."

Immediately, I began to panic. She couldn't be alive. She had died in the explosion...right? The truth is, I wasn't completely sure. Yes, I had hurt her so much, anybody else would have died, and yes, she should have been trapped in the asylum...but then again, it wouldn't be the first time she'd surived something that should have killed her.

Had Louise survived, hired a bunch of assassins, and taught them to block Kirina? It wasn't impossible.

"Keep the pilots under control," I said to her. "I've gotta check something."

If Louise had hired these people, I could be sure that she would have come to watch. I don't know why I was so sure of this, but I was.

I began walking from the front to the back, but Louise wasn't on the plane.

It was odd, though, that they hadn't reacted to the giant hole in the back if the plane...

All of a sudden, I had been tackled to the ground. I threw the person off of me, over Lightning, and out the back of the plane.

"Protect Lightning," I said to the others.

Within seconds, Lillith was stabbing one of the people in the back, one of the assassins' skin was boiling, and I had thrown two others out of the plane.

The fight was over in under a minute.

Then, a person came out from the front, with their hands in the air.

"Stop," she said. "I give up."

"Who the fuck are you?" I asked her.

"I'm Carla," she replied. "I worked with Louise."

"I thought she was the only person on the task force that was still alive," I said. "How did you survive?"

"I hid," Carla replied. "The same as she did after you tried to kill her the first time. And now, I'm going to stop you from destroying this planet."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I asked her. "We want to save the planet, not destroy it."

"Really," she said, unconvinced. "Then what's the point of that portal?"

"It's supposed to merge this universe with Hell," I replied. "That's supposed to stop the apocalypse."

"Well, it won't," she said. "And I know I can't stop you on my own."

"So what are you going to do?" I asked her.

"I don't want to be here when the world ends," she said. "And it looks as if that's going to be today. So, goodbye."

I tried to keep her from doing it, but she ran to the back of the plane and jumped. I couldn't slow her fall, since I lost sight of her within seconds.

"Go back to your jobs," I said. "We need to do this. It will save the world."

And that was the end of the task force that Louise, Carla, and eighteen others had been a part of. With Carla's suicide, the group ended forever.

TO BE CONTINUED
MARCH 28...

No comments:

Post a Comment